We are proud to announce the slate of candidates for four open spots on the AASLH Council, three Council officers, and two spots on our Leadership Nominating Committee. The Council sets policy and provides leadership for the Association, is responsible for strategic planning, and represents AASLH members and the field at large. The Leadership Nominating Committee works with staff and the AASLH Council to identify AASLH’s and the field’s leadership and points direction for a slate of officers, Council members, and LNC members.
The election will open June 1 and close on July 1, and members will receive notice of how and when to vote by email.
- Norman Burns, President and CEO, Conner Prairie, Fishers, IN
- Brent Ott, Vice-President of Business Operations and Chief Financial Officer, The Henry Ford, Dearborn, MI
- Dina Bailey, International Coalition of Sites of Conscience, New York, NY
Council Candidates (4 open seats)
- Christy Coleman, CEO, American Civil War Museum, Richmond, VA
- Jeff Matsuoka, Vice President, Business and Operations, Indiana Historical Society, Indianapolis, IN
- Alexandra Rasic, Director of Public Programs, Workman and Temple Family Homestead Museum, City of Industry, CA
- Dennis Vásquez, Superintendent, Petroglyph National Monument, Albuquerque, NM
Leadership Nominating Committee Candidates (2 open seats)
- Anne Ackerson, Independent Museum Consultant, Troy, NY
- Kaia Landon, Executive Director, Brigham City Museum, Brigham City, UT
- Helen Wong Smith, Librarian/Archivist of State Historic Preservation Division and Executive Director of the Kaua’i Historical Society, Lihu’e, HI
- Gretchen Sullivan Sorin, Director, Cooperstown Graduate Program, Cooperstown, NY