The Nevada Museums Association is requesting proposals for the 2016 Annual Meeting at Lake Tahoe, October 26 – 28. This year’s theme is Charting a Course to Community Connection.
Everything we do impacts the community and the community impacts us. Sessions will focus on relevance, collaboration and engaging the community. NMA is requesting submissions focused on navigating the relationship between community and culture such as programming, outreach, fundraising, communications, engaging Millennials, collections and anything else relevant to community engagement in museums.
Please email your session proposals to Garrett Barmore at [email protected] by May 1.
Include the following information in your proposal (a list is acceptable):
- The session’s title
- The subject the session will address (exhibits, collections, education, governance, etc.)
- A brief description of the session (no more than 100 words)
- The format of the session (panel, workshop, single person presentation, etc.)
- Any fees to cover cost of materials (this only pertains to workshops)
- Names of all presenters involved
- Reliable contact information
If you have any questions, please contact Garrett Barmore at the above email address or 775-784-4528.